Saturday, January 5, 2019

Confession

During my morning reading, I realized something that I never would have thought true of me.  I have been taught to think, act, believe, of the ideologies of slavery.  Yes, that is a heavy statement, but it is true.  I am sure there are many more than myself and we do not even realize it.  It is the very core of concepts we have been taught our whole lives.  Here is the statement that made me go...ugh...my whole life I have done this, been apart of this, led this, taught this, received this... You get the picture.

"Let's be very clear, slavery is an abomination; it's a mindset against the revelation of Jesus.  Slavery is a fallen-world system birthed from a theology of control.  It didn't exist before the fall and doesn't exist in heaven.  It is a reality in absolute opposition to sovereign love."
-Jason Clark, God Is (Not) in Control

There are two ways to live out our lives. Control or Love.  Aside from our relationship with our Creator, or our God, which also will show evidence of our life theologies, the basis always will stem from Control or Love.  Out of those life theologies comes two types of surrender in our lives, forced or voluntary.  Think about all the things you do...your job, family, church, friendships etc.  Are they forced or voluntary?  No matter the circumstances forced surrender demands control, a system of slavery.  Love does not demand control it is voluntary surrender.  It empowers freedom, kindness, and trust.

Here is my personal confession.  If I have lived out areas of my life by forced surrender, a thought system of slavery, then I have also produced and projected that same system in that area of my life without ever realizing it.  Yikes! Ouch. Ugh.  Thinking back at pivotal moments in my life, almost ALL were geared by control and in the moment of almost total take over and dominance my life then changes direction. Interesting?  Call it luck, God, rebellion, or revelation; No matter what you deem it, truth is now in my journey I see it.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment