Sunday, June 17, 2018

Church Code

This morning I woke up and wanted to see what is going on in the world, and the first source I go to... Facebook.  I am not sure why we justify thinking it is an information source, however one of my friends made the comment... "If you don't hear in church today that the policy of 'Family Separation' is incompatible with Christianity find another church."  All to which began my search on different church pages.  It is funny how most are the same.  We believe.... Our Pastor... Service times... all wrapped up in a different box trying to sell the same thing, but in turn gets us what? Your money? You? Your family?  Gives you community?  I hate to sound so cynical of 'church' lately, but it is just the place I am.  Wrapping my mind around these displays of hate all the while the "CHURCH" sits back and calls it love.  Those that fight the smoke and mirrors within Christianity will most likely be cast as 'not saved.'  Which once again, thought provoking.

As I scanned it was interesting that NOT one page of a church stated, "We care about the lives of humans and humanity.  We care that people are loved no matter their history, present, or future."  Now, you get a little close when you see 'All are Welcome' or 'We are open and affirming.'  However, that just means SHHHH!!  Gays attend THAT church or can.  I have to laugh because, it is all Christian Church Code.  What I have found those churches depth are very shallow within the area in which I live, yet are excepting.  They do not want to offend so the word they give does not have roots.  On the other side, churches in the area go so far as to lock the doors if someone is different in any form.  Scared they might catch something, like poor, gay, black, white, or even worse everything they have ever been taught challenged, because they just might love another.

I try not to challenge my local friends too much in making them decided or make lines with or about my family.  We just try to be us.  We are loved, asked to be included in the things we are involved in, but I know we are not welcomed in churches.  However, most do not agree in the whys or at least I believe they don't.  I love to talk Jesus, but find myself just getting to listen about Jesus, because most think I am not worthy to talk about him.  Or what in the world would I actually know about him.  I can tell you I can relate to almost every character of the Bible.  The woman with the 'issue of blood' pushing through to touch just the hem of his garment.  Knowing she couldn't be close to him, because she was unclean.  The Pharisees' as they wanted to stone a woman in judgement, then realize "Who am I to judge?" Once Jesus brought it to their attention.  Peter walking on water.  Starts out believing then losing sight of Jesus, so he falls.  Moses running from his call. (Too much there.)  I could go on and on.

The political climate does not help in any form of this divide...it is hard to cipher out who is safe and who is not, yet then the Church wonders why we are not growing or are not sustaining.  People are starting to wake-up and see this display is not love and frankly does not want it to represent them.  Are there any answers? Probably not.  Can we fix it?  I am not sure.  Where is Jesus?  Same place I left him. On the throne.  So... I wait. I trust. I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment