Tuesday, December 26, 2017

"The Rope"

Right after 5:30 a.m., there are crazy noises that come from our living room.  You will hear it in waves of moans and groans of struggle.  It then will run up the stairs to the bedrooms, then down the stairs to the basement then back to the living room through the kitchen.  Intermit, you will her pats of feet with no sound effects saying, "Chase me." Then back to the moans and groans of struggle.  It is the most exciting toy in this house a rope.  Millie (English bulldog) and Charlee (puppy) have assumed their position to wrestle with pulling the rope until one gets bored.

Since I have vowed to be more transparent in my thinking, owning my truth, and sharing it for the world to see, you gain an audience.  Sometimes, it is the audience you might not want.  It could be the audience that you do want, but gets offended by my wide-openness.  Do I write for the audience or do I write for me?  That is still up for debate.  However, I would say those who read this need it just as much as I do.  At this point, my part in the relationship is to be as bare as possible.  I need to be that, and it seems others around me, or others that read these crazy blogs need it too.

In earlier blogs I owned being a disruptor in life.  It is who I am.  Part of that aspect of me is I love to wrestle with the ropes of life.  It makes me smile typing it, and I get excited just thinking about it.  I will pick up a rope and begin to run, all the while, baiting others to chase me. It is really fun to me, but some people do not like to play with rope.  See at the end of a rope wrestle, there is a possibility that you end up with some cuts and bruises.  You could be sore and you could lose the game.  That is just too much for some people.  So they won't play.  Sometimes they think they want to play and jump in grab the rope then end up hating me, because the game went down the stairs or up to the bedrooms.  The rope wrestle will expose ALL, even me.  I always look at these things differently.  It makes me stronger for the next time I play with the rope.  I learn something new during a wrestle, but I never come out of a rope wrestle hating those that play.  It is seems I like them more.  It is almost sickening when you think about it.  Shouldn't I hate those that oppose me?  Shouldn't I be mad when someone pulls against me?  Frankly, I am not.  I actually think of them often, because when someone is not willing to wrestle the ropes of life out, it means the rope, and me are just not worth the fight.  Like I said, playing with rope exposes us ALL.

I have learned this week those that play rope with me often know these things about me, and like to play rope just as much as I do.  Playing rope is not for the weak, physically or emotionally.  It exposes our weaknesses.  Adults have terrible social and emotional skills these days, so it seems.  Most need preschool curriculum and components in their lives.  That is where you learn to play rope.  Share...forgive...play...see no prejudices...make friends...love without filters...wrestle...learn responsibility...and repeat.

I am going to make a bold statement which could be offensive to some.  If you are not willing to wrestle with the ropes of life with me, then I probably do not want you in my life.  (Please everyone gasp) Lol.  Harsh and true statement.  If I cannot count on you to wrestle struggle out with me, or your struggle out with me, then you will not be around if I am wrestling with another rope of life.  In this day and age, you can unfollow me, unfriend me, block me if you must, because I will play rope. Why is that?  It is a necessity to me in being authentic, transparent, honest, and having integrity.  I will call you out.  I will own being called out.  But at the end of the day, all that we are will be exposed.  You can run from it, give up, or hide.  All that is on you, because if you do it with me, then you will do it with others.  I cannot account for your actions nor be your judge.  Nonetheless, you will find me waiting with a rope, waiting to wrestle,  because I will see if exposure will make you a lasting fixture in my life.

I use to take it hard when people would not be lasting fixtures of my life, that is no longer the case.  It now seemingly prevents more heart-ache.  The biggest reason people do not play rope as adults is in the name of God.  Poor God gets almost the brunt of everything.  Jesus wouldn't act that way... Jesus wouldn't talk that way... I hate to break the news to some Christians or denounce views of who Jesus is... But... Jesus was in the center of all kinds of conflict. He was the conflict.  Not only was he "THE ROPE," he never ran from a wrestle.  Many brought the ropes of life to him, yet every challenge he accepted.  If my mind serves me right, the only conflict he did not resolve or reconcile through was when his mind was on ALL the WHOSOEVERS instead of pleasing the religious.  However, he knew the WHOSOEVERS would be the gain, resolve and reconciliation, which also is the religious.

You might find your Jesus in a box, in a church, in a desire, in a synagogue, in creation, only with people that look, talk and act like you.  And you know what? Those will be your things you get to answer for...But as for me don't get mad, because I find mine near a rope, or that I am running by you with a rope.  Just smile and say, "There she goes again, her feet patting, Chase me."  Come play if you like...I always make room and I will introduce to you my Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I hate? I hate it when people dangle their rope and you get all excited thinking there is going to be some good rope pulling going on only to find they really didn't want you to pull on their rope. What they wanted was a game of red rover or something where you just switch sides. If there is no pulling and pushing and chasing and wrestling then what's the point. Yes I know people think I am as crazy as you.

    ReplyDelete