Wednesday, November 15, 2017

"Good Neighbor"


Ok, so I am going to tell on myself.  News flash, I do not like everyone.  I have been told, and read however, I am suppose to.  "Christians, followers of Jesus" are suppose to, but I don't.  There are those that get on my nerves!! The ones that have no personal space that could count your nose hairs as they stand in front of you. The ones that have no inside voice that you run from when you see them coming.  The ones who wear perfume that the smell could raise the dead. Those. Guilty!

I own it. Give me the homeless, give me the dirty, give me the poor, give me the sick, but I will run from the "Norm" crazies every time. "Love your neighbor, " I hear in my subconscious, but do I have to? I do not want to.  What did Jesus do with these "Norm" crazies?  He healed the sick. He gave to the poor.  He gave community to those with no community.  Where were the "Norm" crazies?  Oh, that's right...He made them DISCIPLES.  (Sigh) 

I need a little more Mr. Rodger's in my life.  "Won't you be my neighbor?" Or more State Farm, "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there."  I must invest in others, not just serve others.  Ouch.  I might as well make it real. No sugar coating it.  He is looking for me to show difference. Anyone can serve.  Anyone can make a choice to do good things in service.  I can hate the world, but pass out soup at the local pantry. 

"Love your neighbor, as yourself." To be the Good Neighbor I must first love ME. "Love is patient, love is kind." Sometimes, I forget to just be the Good Neighbor to myself, so that I can tackle the "Norm" crazies.  When I love me, it is easier to love them...Make me a disciple. Only the "Norm" crazies can be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment