Saturday, November 25, 2017

"Perplexed"

I have a bit of a confession.  I like puzzles.  I like the problem solving.  I like trying to figure out the right piece, shape, numbers, or patterns.  It is my nerd factor in my life.  We got the boys a Perplexus game one year.  If you have never seen one it's a ball with ramps, turns, and twists to get to point A to point B without dropping the little ball off of all the challenges. (Goggle it, then get one.)  Biggest challenge in the whole game/ puzzle is yourself.  Isn't that how it always is?  You are the challenge.  We give our what-about and what if statements, then we freeze.  We stay in the same place with no movement when we are in a time and space of existence of constant movement.

Think about that for a minute.  Nothing that has been created has non-movement.  The earth continually moves without us even realizing it.  Blood floods through our veins without us thinking about it.  I could continue to go on, but you get the point.  When things stop moving they die.  Life has a rhythm to it.  All life, all movement has a rhythm to it.  People who succeed, no matter the success, do so because they do not stop solving the problems.

The 'devil' in the Bible belt gets a lot of credit for the mess-ups in life.  Statements like," The devil made me do it.  It is the devil at work in their life." That is very contrary to the actual word of God.  I am not the devil's handy-work, never was.  I never belonged to the devil.  The Bible says, "The THIEF comes to steal, kill, and destroy."  A thief takes what is not rightfully theirs.  So how does a thief steal, kill, and destroy? Stops movement by uses yourself.  Why? Because that the only way to get you out of rhythm of life...

Today, I listened to a minister say, "Stop praying for tables and chairs.  That is not God's business, that's your business.  God's business is I will give you the tree."  I am learning waiting for the table and chairs has only created non-movement.  Ouch, ouch... if I... if we... continue to wait on the table and chairs the next thing to come is death, non-movement, and no rhythm to what we have been created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment