Monday, November 13, 2017

"Not It"

It is funny in this life, we for some crazy reason believe we have it all figured out.  We get so close to what we think is the destination, then suddenly change in direction,  or maybe change in how we are traveling.  "His ways are higher than my ways," Right?  That's what I have been taught. That's what Isaiah said in the Bible.  Who can argue with that?  Certainly I do not want to, but I do.  I do by my grumbling, I do by being unforgiving, I do in resentment, I do with bitterness, and I do by shooting poison right out of my mouth.

Who is in charge of this crazy journey, that at times tosses me this way and that?  Well, I can give the expected answer of course, God.  If I allow it.  I am very much learning the tosses have typically absolutely nothing to do with God, and ALL to do with me.  The struggle of the "toss" is me constantly looking out the window while on this journey of life, and whipping the wheel around and saying, "Let's go There!"  Knowingly, it was never the intended destination.  Then I get upset, hurt, angry, when God takes back control when I wanted my way, not His way.  I see the destination, and it looks great from here.  It is when God says, "We are going left."  But I see a beach on the right.  The beach is irresistible to me.  Why make me pass the beach? You know how much I love it there!!  So I whip the wheel and go to the beach.  I put my feet in the sand and then jump into the ocean, loving every minute of it. Yet then I walk out of the water with a rash.  A RASH are you kidding me!!  As I walk off the beach, my head low, then I hear, "I know you love the beach but this is not the destination."  There is only one Creator and I am not it.

Today, I am reminding myself continually, "NOT IT." Tag your, "IT" God. "NOT IT, I AM NOT IT."

No comments:

Post a Comment